Fox Valley Metrology Ltd. Oshkosh, WI
2015 - Current
- Information Technology Specialist
- Responsibilities include complete research, design, development, implementation, and support of the company's servers, storage, switches, routers, wan, wireless, vpn, internet connectivity, and VOIP pbx.
- Technologies include VMware virtualization, Active Directory for GPO, DNS, DHCP, File Sharing security, User account management, Microsoft SQL server access, and Azure directory connectivity for O365 access, VMware Replication, Veeam Backup, Recovery, and Replication, Cisco routers and wireless, HP switches, HP Servers, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, and NFS.
- Accomplishments to date include replacement of outdated SAN, upgrade of VMware infrastructure, design and implementation of disaster recovery involving redundant SAN and VMware infrastructure at a remote location, converting static network routing to dynamic network routing, increasing VPN capacity for remote locations and remote workers, design and implementation of process to bring remote offices on-line quickly and efficiently, and rolling upgrades of both Windows and Linux server operating systems and Microsoft, MariaDB, and Mysql database servers.
- Company maintains 1 office in Missouri, 1 in Minnesota, 1 in North Carolina, 1 in Oklahoma, 1 in Illinois, 1 in Ohio, and 1 in Wisconsin. All of which I visit on a quarterly basis at a minimum.
Coastal Acquisitions, LLC. Mobile, AL
2012 - 2015
- Senior Network Administrator
- Responsibilities include, research, acquisition, design, implementation, and supporting the companies total infrastructure. Including over 40 servers running CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows. VmWare and KVM virtualization technologies. Cisco switching and routing. Linux firewall and vpn endpoints. Cisco wireless equipment. Access control system. Time Clock system. Video surveillance system, Alarm system. As well as interfacing with management staff and supporting the software development team to provide integration between the various systems.
- Successfully converted their data storage from NAS to SAN, increasing data storage read times from ~100mbps to over 600mbps and write times from ~30mbps to over 120mbps.
- Successfully implemented a corporate intranet to provide reporting and control of the phone system, access control system, and time clock system. Currently working with our software development team to integrate the system with our CRM package to create a dashboard requested by our sales management staff to display sales figures and call statuses at a glance. All of this integration of the system is being done on a LAMP environment.
Gregory Malsack Enterprises, LLC. Waukesha, WI
2002 - 2012
- Owner of Classic Services
- Provider of Windows, Novell, Linux, Unix, Macintosh platforms. Network maintenance, monitoring, and security, internet integration and acquisitioning, server configurations, LAN, WAN, and VPN design and implementation, system auditing services, telephone systems, voice and data cabling, law firm software specialists, automobile dealer systems specialists. preferred Asterisk VOIP system integrator, certified Polycom partner, custom web development, custom web-based application development and hosting, custom programming to integrate Asterisk VOIP PBX with client management applications.
- Partner of LITS (Lodging Industry Technical Services)
- Provider of wired and wireless internet access for several hotel chains in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, and Michigan. Developed internet access controller using a base linux core, various net-filter tools, iptables, perl, php, html, apache, and several other linux applications.
Data Direct/Data Vista Inc. Pewaukee, WI
1999 - 2002
- Hired as Technical Sales & Service Manager
- Duties included managing, organizing, and structuring service department since corporate change to service related industry, consult with sales department on new installs to verify quotation accuracy. Main objective is to raise the quality of service provided to customers, and build the service related revenue.
- Provided R & D service for all new solutions needed by customers. Installed, and maintained Windows NT/2000 Servers, NT/2000 Terminal Servers, NT Small Business Servers, SCO Unix Servers, Novell Servers, RedHat Linux Servers, Netgear, Linksys, SMC, Netopia, Efficient Networks, SpeedStream, and FlowPoint routers. Minor exposure to Cisco 1602, 1720, & 760 routers. Vast experience with ExecPC, Ameritech, & TDS Metrocomm Internet connectivity using T1’s DSL, ISDN, and Dedicated 56k analog connections. Setup, and configuration of DNS servers, Apache and Microsoft Web servers, Linux e-mail servers, Microsoft NT Base Post.Office e-mail servers, Microsoft Exchange servers, Microsoft, Wingate, and Squid proxy servers, Secured and Unsecured FTP Servers using Unix, Linux, and Microsoft FTP Servers, Microsoft Fax, WinFax Pro, Fax Serve Fax, and Omni Rush fax servers, and Goldmine contact management software. Setup and maintained ip packet filtering securities on Linux based firewalls, Efficient Network, and Netopia routers. Exposure to the Perl programming language and cgi scripting processes. Expert in Quick Basic programming language and Yabasic programming on DOS and Linux based systems.
Cash Register Service Co. Inc. Milwaukee, WI
1994 - 1999
- Hired as field engineer.
- Duties included field service of Novell, Unix, Concurrent DOS, Windows 95/NT and proprietary Micros networking systems, and standalone cash registers.
- Promoted to Service Manager (1997)
- Duties included overseeing service department, continuing to provide service to all customers in the southern territory, and implementing in-house computer network to run windows office products and Unix based accounting system.
- Promoted to Programming/Installation/Network Administrator (1998)
- Duties include programming, training, and installation of Micros restaurant management and hotel management systems, Windows NT business accounting networks, and continuing to build our in-house network.
- Left for desire to get back into corporate computer networking.
Data Direct Distributors. Waukesha, WI
- Hired as Vice President of Operations.
- Duties included product purchasing, corporate accounting, product marketing and sales, and minor service on carry-in computers, network builds and bench testing before delivery.
- Left due to change in income requirements with new family. Company recently purchased and new owner could not offer added income.
Mega-Byte Computers. Waukesha, WI
- Hired as Service Manager/Sales Representative.
- Duties included product purchasing, overlooking service department, performing repairs that could not be completed by other technicians, and quoting on sales orders.
- Left for better offer.
Dunn’s Business Center. Brown Deer, WI
1992 - 1993
- Hired as their Field Service technician.
- Duties included supporting all customers that had non-carry in service needs. Maintained Novell, Unix, Concurrent DOS Networking systems, and Windows 3.x operating systems. When in the shop I performed factory authorized repairs on Panasonic, Epson, and Star Micronics printers, and building PC for new network installs.
- Left for better offer.
Entree Computers. Brookfield, WI
- Subcontracted to install cabling systems for two of there larger sales. Sites consisted of 250 users and 125 users. Pulled, terminated, and tested category 5 computer network cabling and category 3 telephone cabling, installed rack mounted hubs, and converters. Also installed small coaxial runs for smaller remote workgroups.
Computerized Camping, Waukesha, WI
1991 - 1992
- Wrote campground accounting package. Regression tested by Lake Arrowhead Campgrounds. Marketed the package upon completion. Unfortunately, I was about 2 years ahead of the curve. I couldn’t find anyone interested in putting a computer in a campgrounds. However, about two years later another firm released a shelf package, which seems to have sparked the industry.